Some Info About Me


I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the college of education. I am majoring in elementary education and hope to graduate in 2010.
I've gone back to college after many years to pursue my degree because I have always wanted to teach. After earning my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. I want to teach 4th or 5th grade while earning my Master's degree in Secondary Education, specializing in Social Sciences. This would qualify me to teach in grades K-12. I would like to eventually like to teach 6th grade History or Geography.

The Purpose of this Blog

I started this blog as a way to collect the information I want to use when I become a teacher. Included in this blog will be: my philosophies about teaching, my attitudes, and the goals I hope to achieve in the classroom through the use of technology. Some of the tools I want to employ in the classroom to enhance the learning process are: blogs, websites, podcasts, hands-on and online learning. As I learn to use each of these technologies, I will find a way to bring them into the classroom. Join me on my journey through the wonderful world of technology.



Saturday, October 25, 2008

Podcasts

podcasting icon


I would be like be able to use podcasts as a teaching tools in the classroom. After doing the podcast assignment in our EDM 310 class and listening to many other educational podcasts, I have a little better feel for what a useful tool a podcast could be.

I would like to use educational podcasts from itunes (since they are free) to use in my classroom as an instructional tool for my students. There are so many different topics which are covered in the various podcasts that the selections are almost endless.

I would also like to make a podcast in my class of my students, especially in the areas of reading. I think that making a podcast of the children reading would be a great way for them to hear themselves the way others do. They could hear how well they read or the areas in which they need improvement. This is something I would probably just use in the classroom though, not something I would want to publish. It would make a good audio portfolio for the children and parents to see how their reading has improved over the school year.


To hear the EDM 310 Fall 08 student podcasts, subscribe to iTunes or Click here

No comments: